How your information is provided:
Telephone Connections Inc. will attempt to automatically provide the PSAP dispatcher or emergency service operator with the name, address and telephone number associated with the Client’s account. However, for technical reasons, the dispatcher receiving the call may not be able to capture or retain the Client’s name, phone number or physical location. Therefore, when making a 9-1-1 emergency call, the Client must be prepared to immediately (confirm and) inform the dispatcher of his or her location and call-back number (or the location of the emergency, if different), since the operator may not have this information. If the Client is unable to speak, the dispatcher may not be able to locate him/her if the Client’s location information is not up to date.
Correctness of information:
The Client is responsible for providing, maintaining, and updating correct contact information (including name, residential address and telephone number) with his or her account. If the Client does not correctly identify the actual location where he/she is located, or if the Client’s account information has recently changed or has otherwise not been updated, 9-1-1 calls may be misdirected to an incorrect emergency response site. For example, if the Client changes the address from which he or she uses their Phone service, access to 9-1-1 Service will not function properly. Upon moving to a new address, or change of use of Phone service, the Client must immediately notify and advise Telephone Connections Inc. by email or by telephone with the most current location information. Failure to advise Telephone Connections Inc. of any changes will adversely affect the ability to access 9-1-1 Service.
Inform other users:
The Client must ensure full understanding of the 9-1-1 Service limitations and is responsible for notifying, and agrees to notify, any user or potential users of VoIP services aware of the nature and limitations of 9-1-1 emergency calls on the VoIP services as described herein.
Clients are advised to review this section with respect to Telephone Connections Inc.’s limitations of liability.
- The Client confirms that they have read and understood these 9-1-1 service differences. by accepting these terms, the Client accepts Telephone Connections Inc. VoIP services on these terms, and hereby waives any and all claims or causes of action against Telephone Connections Inc., its affiliates, underlying carriers, officers, directors, employees, agents or contractors, licensors, and suppliers arising from or relating to the Telephone Connections Inc. 9-1-1 service. The Client also agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the above persons from any such claims for damages, including legal fees. The Client’s waiver and indemnity in this section shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- Collect Call and Operators Services: Telephone Connections Inc. does not currently offer collect calls or operator assistance.
- Broadband Service Outage: The Client acknowledges and understands that service outages by his or her broadband Internet service provider will prevent Telephone Connections Inc. services.
- Loss of Service Due to Power Failure: The Client acknowledges and understands that the service does not work in the event of power failure and will resume when power is restored. A power failure or disruption may require a re-set or reconfiguration of the equipment prior to restoration of the service.
- Service Outage Due to Suspension of a Client’s Account: The Client acknowledges and understands that service outages due to suspension of the account as a result of billing issues will prevent all service elements from operating.
- Other Service Outages: The Client acknowledges and understands that if there is a service outage for any reason; such outage will prevent all service, including 9-1-1 service.